Today we are pleased to offer for sale a beautiful sterling silver flatware service for 8 by Westmorland!
First produced in 1940, the design of Westmorland’s George & Martha Washington pattern features gently curved handles with a delicate scroll motif, evoking a classic colonial elegance that would look great on any modern table. This set comes in a fabric-lined wooden box, perfect for safekeeping when not in use. Pieces are stamped with “sterling” and the maker on the back. Knives have stainless blades.
Included in this set are:
– 8 dinner forks (7″ in length)
– 8 salad or dessert forks (6″ in length)
– 8 soup spoons (6″ in length)
– 7 teaspoons (5-7/8″ in length)
– 8 knives (9-1/16″ in length)
– 1 ladle (7-1/8″ in length, 2-5/8″ in across bowl)
– 1 large serving spoon (8-1/4″ in length, 1-3/4″ in across bowl)
– 1 sugar spoon (6″ in length)
– 1 flat handle master butter knife (6-7/8″ in length(
– 1 flat server (6-1/2″ in length) – this server is NOT Westmorland, but a Gorham sterling piece.
– 1 storage box (17″ in length, 11-1/2″ in depth, appx. 3-1/2″ in height)
– 1 care kit including polishing cloth
Total pieces: 43 Westmorland, 1 Gorham (not including box or care kit)
Total weight NOT INCLUDING FILLED HANDLES: 1382 grams
Set presents beautifully and is in very good vintage condition, with very minor to mild wear/scuffing and tarnishing from being gently used. No monograms. Box has significant wear and some varnish loss from age, use and storage. Please review all photos before purchasing.
Add grandeur to your dining or luncheon table with this elegant service…beautiful sterling silver never goes out of style. Fresh to the market!